Saturday, October 30, 2010

Failure

Do you ever feel like your life isn't going anywhere? I feel like I'm stagnating here, like I'm just existing day by day and there isn't a point to anything I'm doing. I read and draw and browse online and I go to school and I go to a job that I hate and I'm always tired and there isn't a point to this, none of it. I like school but a degree doesn't guarantee a job, and I have this choking concern that I'll never have a real career and I will disappoint everyone.

I just want to go to a cottage in the countryside and live there with my books and computer and stay there forever. No job worries, no money worries, just me and my existence.


I spent the last couple of hours downloading doujins. It gives me a real sense of satisfaction--finding good ones, finding rare ones--but then I sober up and realize that I spent a huge bit of time trying to obtain something that isn't even tangible.

But if it makes me happy, is it worth it?

This is why I could never be a total recluse NEET, these thoughts would plague me all day. At least the doujins were good. Pic related.

9 comments:

  1. You're never a failure if at the end of the day you can go on to do it again.
    Hope you can take it easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. >>You're never a failure if at the end of the day you can go on to do it again.

    I really like this. Thank you.

    And, ah, same to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're not a failure since at least you're doing something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If what you're doing makes you happy then it isn't a waste of time. Everyone has different outlooks on "happiness". Some people travel, some socialize, some browse the internet, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As long as you enjoy what you're doing, that's all that matters. Sounds like you're starting to get a bit bored, though. Try something new man. Take up a new hobby or something.

    >I just want to go to a cottage in the countryside and live there with my books and computer and stay there forever.

    I feel the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Combine what everyone has said into one large piece of advice. Even as a relative recluse, life only gets boring when you let it.

    Take it easy~

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're only as much of a failure as you convince yourself of being.

    ReplyDelete