Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Media Overload + My Cat

I have so many movies/anime/television shows downloaded and waiting to be watched that, when combined with my tendency to procrastinate, has become absoluely overwhelming. Even on days when I'm laying around not doing anything, I just can't find the motivation to open up, say, Season 1 of Mad Men and actually watch it. I did re-watch Star Trek, though (I was reading some of the fic on the Kink Meme--which has reached over 1000 fics, by the way--and was inspired). So that's...something.


And in sadder news, my mom's friend's cat just died today. She was 22 years old, which is around 150 in cat years. Kind of incredible. It makes me sad, though, knowing that my cat will die one day. I'll miss you, Oliver, despite your unsettling need to sit quitely on the couch and stare at everyone.

Do you guys have any pets? Cats are great for the antisocial lifestyle, but I have a dog, too, and it's nice that he kind of forces me to socialize.

5 comments:

  1. I have a cat too. He's a lazy critter just like me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. >She was 22 years old, which is around 150 in cat years.

    Damn.

    No, I don't have any pets. I'm much too lazy and irresponsible to keep any, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do have a pet leopard gecko. I used to have an emperor scorpion but he died =( If you ever want to get on, get a baby and let it grow. I was too excited to get an adult one that it died in ~1 and a half years. (The lifespan is 4-5 years)

    The leopard gecko is going strong though. He's been with me for easily 6-7 years now, they live for about 12.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My grandmother has a cat, he's really friendly, and he likes to eat crisps

    ReplyDelete